Here are some of the legal matters with which we can advise and represent clients dealing with issues bearing upon the workplace:
- Federal laws and regulations, including – but not limited to – the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and all anti-discrimination and civil rights laws.
- Review of employee handbooks, job descriptions, policies, and employment law compliance auditing.
- Employment contracts, including noncompetition and protection of trade secrets and severance agreements.
- Defamation, negligent supervision, retaliation, and other workplace torts.
- Assistance in handling grievances and in drafting responses to employment discrimination charges and wage disputes filed with the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission (SHAC), the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the U.S. Department of Labor, and other state and federal employment regulatory agencies.